Suggested Sites for Elementary Students
Hour of Code (https://code.org/learn)
- Below are direct links to some of the different types of coding challenges you can do (note: each link has an introduction video to help you get started)
- This site has dozens of fun activities related to math and literacy (you can search games by your Grade level at the bottom of the main page)
Science Kids (http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/gamesactivities.html)
- This site has a range of free online activities to try with something for everyone whether you're interested in animals, plants, chemistry, biology, physics, space, magnets, electricity, forces, light, sounds, gases or other science related topics.
Math Games (http://www.arcademics.com/)
- This site has dozens of math games to help you build your skills
CBC for Kids (http://www.cbc.ca/kidscbc2/)
- Watch educational videos, do crafts, or play educational games at CBC Kids
Virtual Lego (https://www.buildwithchrome.com/#)
- Build whatever your imagination can come up with!
Knowledge Kids (http://www.knowledgekids.ca/games)
- Educational and interactive games
NASA Kids Club (http://www.nasa.gov/kidsclub/index.html#.VzyjEWTF_fZ)
- NASA's Kids Club website is a great place to play games and learn all about space!
National Geographic Kids (http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/)
- Play games, watch videos, learn about animals, and places, and get lots of fun facts